Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm Disgusted and Getting FATTER?!?!?

It goes without saying that I'm going to spew out the same complaint today that I have done many, many times before. There is no difference today save for the fact that I'm no longer deluding myself that I have a problem and that my eating habits are now putting my mind and body in jeopardy.

After weighing last week only hours post vacation (always a HUGE mistake) I discovered; however, wasn't surprised to see that I'm now a whopping twenty (20) pounds heavier then I was 18 months ago. For those of you who will say that I look fine, what am I worried about, this means that I've managed to gain back one third of the weight that I spent the better part of 2004 trying to lose. I'm familiar with the slope I'm on and it's very, VERY slippery.

I don't know what to say. I'm not even sure what course of action to take. Needless to say I'm disappointed in myself but I'm also completely petrified of becoming the plus size girl that I was some years ago.

Since weighing myself last week I have managed to refrain from eating out and I've also exercised twice. Now save your pat on the back for when I make some real progress. This time around I will make no promises, I have secret tool I'm going to use and I won't hang my hope on some points counting system or herbal remedy. Instead I'm going to try to make some positive changes. I will think twice about fries with that and I will recognise and acknowledge that it's only me that can make the changes that I want to see.

My pants are too tight and my alarm bells are sounding!!!
Ding, ding, ding...

Here is a link to 101 Greatest Running Tips. I realise not everyone is a runner but maybe something in the article will resonate with you and give you one more reason to keep going. People find inspiration in the most unlikely places.
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/running-tips-beginners-guide

No comments:

Post a Comment