Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Take a Deep Breath


I`m feeling better then I was yesterday and exponentially better then the day that I found I weighed oh so very much. Like I mentioned yesterday I won`t be making any promises this time round. I`m going to try and find my motivation somewhere and I think this afternoon I discovered a small but very distinct motivator. It`s called `oh my God, my bra is so tight I believe a wire just punctured my sternum `!!!

Last March a friend and I went for a professional bra fitting. During that fitting I discovered a few things: 1. I`ve been wearing the wrong size for a very, very long time; 2. Bras that fit properly cost lots and lots of money; and 3. When a bra fits properly it`s super duper tight compared to ill-fitting ones you`re used to. Needless to say because I was now fitted for the proper size I went a little overboard buying expensive bras that restricted the air flow to my lungs.

Fast forward about six months and definitely 10+ pounds and on the days I wear a bra (everyday) my lung capacity is the equivalent to that of a five pack-a-day veteran smoker.

As it turns out the prospect of spend a thousand more dollars on bras that allow me to breeze freely again is enough motivation I needed to get through a run last night and a 50 minute walk home today.
Photo from: www.i.ehow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment