Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dropping the Pounds

First let me say thank you to Anais for your comments. You mentioned that I might have a harder time on my second run back then I did my first so I took your words to heart and have avoided running since my wonderful treadmill run a few weeks ago!!! HAHA Just kidding. I'm being truthful about the not running part but in no way was I scared off by your comments Anais. Seriously.

On to my status update: I've managed to drop another few pounds this week and I'm down a total of 6.5 pounds since I stopped working out. I will admit that since I stopped working out I also stopped eating as much AND I've now on day 4 of a major cold and the sickness has stopped me from eating AT.ALL.

I expect that when I get back to a normal, healthly routine I might rebound a few pounds but I am prepared and won't consider it a major failure. I am also going to take the words of Jane, the dietician to heart, exercising does not give you a license to eat more!! If I burn 500 calories during a run and then come home and eat 600 calories to "refuel" my body, what have I gained? Literally...one tenth of a pound! I've literally negated all my efforts and will be disappointed on weigh-in day.

Stay tuned...back to exercise this week (if/when I kick this cold).

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better soon!! And I definitely did NOT want to scare you off :P I know you will get back on that treadmill (or trail, fall runs are the best!) in no time!

    ReplyDelete